Followers

Thursday, 12 September 2013

Altered Art Birdhouse

My Altered Art Birdhouse


Hello everyone, today's post is a little altered art birdhouse that I've made, this is only the second time I've had a go at altered art, the first time being the Tando Clock that I made a few weeks ago now and I have loved making them so I will definitely be having a go at some more.


To make this little birdhouse I've used the following


Bare wooden little birdhouse from the poundshop, I then painted it all over with primer, 
next step I covered it with First Edition Design Papers and then I used a Martha Stewart
Doily Edge Punch to make strips to cover the roof and eves


I then primed some wooden laser-cut flourishes and added them and lots of 
pretty Mulberry blooms from WOC


And last but not least I added some ivory pearl trim around the base, some glittered 
butterflies and a cute little silver birdhouse on a silver chain. 


Oops forgot to mention I also added stickles to the blooms and also liquid pearls
were added to the butterflies.

I hope that you like it

I would like to enter this into the following challenges


Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx

29 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is absolutely stunning Lorraine, very clever, I really love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing well done xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lorainne, what a fabulous project. So much to look at. I love it.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWSERS! this is amazing Lorraine, love the gorgeous papers and the details are stunning.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful work of art! i love the flowers on it!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful.x

    Kay
    CBN DTx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very lovely!! Great work. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute little house, I love the colours you have chosen for it

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! You've done a fabulous job Lorraine.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorraine this is beautiful you have done an outstanding job :) it would look lovely hanging in my craft room lol......... Super project xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a fab birdhouse it is absolutely stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. a gorgeous birdhouse and beautiful decorated Lorraine.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning, beautiful piece of work.

    Moira xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Bird house. I love all your details. Well done. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Parade Your Crafts.
    Amy - PYC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is amazing. So pretty <3 Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, wunderschön. Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Cards und More. Liebe Grüße Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable little birdhouse. Lovely details.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really pretty birdhouse. Love the roof and all the details are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Imagination Crafts this month.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous, love the design and the beautiful colors. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow GORGEOUS! And such pretty flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful birdhouse project, so beautiful.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful - I love it!

    Thank you for joining this week at Artistic Inspirations
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love
    Co-Owner of at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just lovely,The details are so pretty.
    Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day,
    Sandy
    ♥ Scrapbook Blessings ♥
    ♥ Sandy's Paper FunTime ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lorraine, your little altered birdhouse is awesome! We'd love to see you enter the Altered Art challenge over at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    Good Luck in your challenges!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning!!! Your bird house is gorgeous. I love the colors and that sweet little birdhouse charm.

    Thanks for joining our wings challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow... what a gorgeous garden creation... love it with all the fabulous details you've used.

    Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes this time..

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  27. A really lovely project. Thanks for sharing with us at Imagination Crafts.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my Blog

Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx