Followers

Thursday, 26 September 2013

Dad's Birthday

Dad's Birthday


Hi everyone, I'm finally updating my blog after my very long absence, I haven't been very well at all but I'm really pleased to say that I'm starting to feel a lot better. I've also joined Slimming World, I have already lost 7lb but have such a long way to go, but I'm in no real hurry I would just like to lose some weight and get fitter, and who know's this time next year I may even have dropped a few dress sizes.

Anyway I've spent the last couple of days trying to catch up on my card making and this is a card that I made for my Dad's Birthday.... I hope he like's it. My Dad loves steam engines and used to be a fireman on the steam trains when I was a little girl, and those of you that know me on facebook will probably have seen some of the engines that my Dad has built from scratch, right down to turning the tiny nuts and bolts on his lathe.



Card Recipe

BoBunny papers, black card, black ribbon, pearlised copper card, silver miri, whimsy corner die,
whimsy ticket die, Tim Holtz distress ink & pearls
The Image is a digi freebie




This is the stirling engine my Dad made


And this is a marine engine he made

My Dad has the patience of a saint, these little miniature engines take months for him to build. 

Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges





22 comments:

  1. Fabulous male card!
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous card Lorraine. Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Good luck with the weight loss, slowly is the best way to loose weight.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a card, loving the image, beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at Creative this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic image for a male card, love the colours ofthe papers used.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant male card loving the colours that have been used thanks for sharing at Crafty Bloggers Network
    Kelly - DT
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Lorraine. Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Impressions.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. O wow there gorgeous little things the card is fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. First - glad to hear that you are feeling a little better.
    Then I'd like to say that you made a fantastic card! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow gorgeous card Lorraine my husband would love this card too, he love trains too.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lorraine stunning card love the image. You have a very clever dad love his engines. Glad you are starting to feel better. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you're on the mend. My bestest neighbour builds model steam trains; I find it so fascinating! :-) Love your card, I'll be hunting down that digi as it will be perfect for my neighbour!
    Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies.
    Hugs
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card and love your dad's engines!! Glad to hear you are felling a little better.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card for your Dad! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful masculine card, Love the sentiment in the train "ticket"! Thanks for playing along in the Anything Goes Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great card!!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Inky Impressions this week

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Lorraine, what a classy card! Thanks for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. a perfect masculine card Lorraine! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Crafting by Designs! Gem :) Handmade by Gem

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lorraine,
    This looks fabulous. Such a wonderful image & I love the simplicity of the layout. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my Blog

Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx