Followers

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

As One Door Closes....

As One Door Closes...

Hi everyone, well without going into too much detail and seeming to be feeling sorry for myself...I've been feeling pretty miserable lately and I had even considered giving up my crafting...maybe it's the January blues, my age or something but I've had a good old think about what I want out of life and I'm now feeling a lot happier and more settled.
Well that brings me nicely onto my wonderful news....Just before December I had a  lovely chat with the Artist Mitzi Sato-Wiuff (who's artwork I absolutely adore) about challenge blogs.... well, last week I received a message from Mitzi asking me if I would become a member of her brand new Design Team and of course I replied with a huge YES would I ever lol 
Mitzi's New Aurora Wings Challenge Blog has now launched and we would love for you to all pop over to follow the blog and give it some much needed love, Mitzi is also giving away one of her beautiful Digi stamps.

This is a card that I made yesterday...I had a sort of happy accident lol 



Card Recipe
Silver Miri, Core'dinations, Printable Acetate, Glossy Accents, Liquid Pearls and Frosted Lace Stickles



This gorgeous image is called "Flapper Fairy With Roses" and I coloured her using my Spectrum Noir Pens.
I then Copied the coloured image onto Printable Acetate and then cut out the wings to add some extra dimension to the main image.
Have you spotted the Happy Accident yet? 
Well when I printed the digi instead of printing as fast draft I've printed as best quality Oops...
and of course when I added the Glossy Accents, Frosted Lace Stickles and the White (but has now become pink) Liquid pearls, the ink has bled, I'm not too sure if I like the end result but I was loathe to throw it away after spending almost 5 hours making it.

Huge Hugz


I would like to enter this into the following challenges



25 comments:

  1. First of all congratulations.... Secondly, I am glad you haven't given up crafting, it would be a huge loss as you are so talented. Thirdly, this is a stunning card. The image is gorgeous and so detailed. I love how you have used different materials to highlight different areas!

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's just stunning. Love this image and your coloring is just superb!! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thrilled to have you on my team, Lorraine!! Keep coloring the world beauitful! You have so much to offer. ^_^ *hugs* Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, congratulations Lorraine, and so very well deserved hun, so glad you are not giving up crafting, you talent would be very much missed around here, love and hugs my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your new DT post Lorraine, the card is beautiful & I hadn't spotted your mistake lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRAULATIONS LORRAINE, it is so well deserved your work is amazing.
    When I read your post, I thought you were talking about me as that is exactly how I am feeling at the moment, maybe I need to hold on and wait for that something wonderful to happen, better be quick though
    I love this image ( just got the other day) and your colouring is second to none.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Lorraine and so very well deserved too. Your card is fabulous and I am happy to hear that you are continuing crafting as it would be a great loss to crafting.
    Bug hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. many congrats hun i so love the art work too and do know what u mean about the january blues - surround yourself with positive people and concentrate on yourself and your fab art work - this is stunning xxx have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is stunning Lorraine. So pleased for you on your new DT post and hope you have lots of fun creating with these fabulous images.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you had felt that you might give up your crafting but CONGRATULATIONS on your great DT news - here's hoping it's given your mojo a good swift kick and you are back on form! GOOD LUCK with your new DT post

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your DT new - so glad you didn't5 give up. I love your happy accident - it's awesome!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card hunni so excited to be working with you Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you`ve been feeling low Lorraine, glad to hear you`re feeling better though, & what fabulous news, so well deserved & so happy for you...Keep your chin up lovely lady........& never ever give up your crafting :) xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Lorraine, this is sooo beautiful! Congratulations on your DT post with Aurora Wings... the cards you make with these beautiful images are just amazing and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of them!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, the detailing here is fabulous! Love how you colored those flowers! Congratulations on your new DT! Thanks for sharing this with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. fantastic news, congratulations...
    im so glad you didn't give up crafting.. your work is always fabulous.. we all go through lows... im glad your coming out into February on a high... well deserved, Px

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful image and card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create challenge Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning work and what a happy accident with the ink running slightly. I wish you all the very best in whatever you do and delighted to hear you are not giving up crafting as you are a very talented lady. Lots of love and best wishes for the future xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oi Mrs! I may not manage to comment on all your blog posts but don't you dare even consider giving up crafting as I love seeing your projects!

    Congratulations on your new DT post..you'll be great and I can't wait to see you using the artwork.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on you DT spot! Your project is beautifully colored and nicely composed. Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. I don't mind the pink at all. Good luck at your new DT too. Have fun!
    Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši.
    Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful coloured! I have no idea how you did that. Don´t think I would even dare to try this. The bubbles look awesome too!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Pal, back with my DT hat on, to, thank you for sharing with us at Scribble and Scrap, this fortnight, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my Blog

Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx