Followers

Tuesday, 30 September 2014

An Old Friend

An Old Friend


Hi everyone, well it's almost 3am and here I am updating my blog, 
my low mood was starting to lift and I was beginning to feel a 
little better and then wallop I only end up with the FLU :(  It 
started yesterday afternoon with a headache that I just couldn't shift 
but just as I was about to settle down to watch "Cilla" I was violently 
sick and had to go to bed, I woke up 2 hours later feeling like I had the 
hangover from hell and just couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am 
blogging lol.
Anyway that's enough of my whining lol. 
Yesterday I coloured up one of my Tilda Magnolia images, It's been such a 
long time since the last time I coloured one of them and It's almost like 
colouring an old friend because like many of you Tilda Magnolia is where my 
my colouring obsession started lol





To make this card I've used the following
Aqua Card, Eau De Nil Design Papers, Wild Rose Design Papers, Silver Mirri,
Aqua 25mm Berisfords Satin Ribbon, Silver Chain, Silver 5mm Jump Rings, Silver 
Cosmetics Case and Made With Love Charms & Martha Stewart Doily 
Border Punch





I Coloured Tilda In Bath Cap using Pro/Flexmarkers in the following colours 
Skin~ Coral, Dusky Pink, Blush, Almond and Tea Rose
Hair~ Satin, Tawny Owl & Shale
Clothes~ Sand Dune, Tea Rose & Antique Pink 
Bathtub~Ice Grey 1,2 & 3
Bubbles~ Cool Aqua, Oasis & Island Lagoon





When I'd finished colouring Tilda I then fussy cut her.
Next I used Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass Distress Ink as a background.
I then added Stardust Stickles to the bubbles, but I still wasn't happy with the way they 
looked so when they were dry I covered them in a thick layer of Glossy Accents. 





This is a close up of the bubbles, The camera doesn't really capture the depth 
very well but if you look to the right side of Tilda's head you can just about 
see how 3d they look.

Huge Hugz

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges 





29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lorraine love the image and your colouring. The backing paper is great love the embelishments and how you have done the bubbles xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love Tilda but I've not coloured her for years either. That's going to be changing very soon! Such fabulous colour choices here...just perfect.

    So sorry you're poorly. I've have flu twice and both times it's hit me in the evening without any warning at all. First time was when I was a kid and my mam sent me around the chippy. Got there, was in the queue and just fainted. Never ever want flu again. You just take care of yourself and make sure you get plenty of rest. That pink stuff (Pepto Bismol) and Dioralyte really helped me out with the first few days. Hope you're being well looked after.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorraine, so sorry to hear you are poorly, the flu is not nice and take care hun.

    Your card as always is gorgeous and loving the little cutie and the card layout and embellishments are fabulous.

    Gentle crafty hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, the bubbles look fab, I hope you're feeling much better xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my she is stunning! Hope you're feeling a bit better now hun but just think if you can do this poorly how amazing are you really!!! super amazing xxx
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love the added sparkles to the bubbles. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love Magnolia babies You did an excellent job on this card..Hope your feeling better.......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful.
    Thanks for joining our Love of Ribbon Challenge at Love to Create.

    Kitty
    LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable, gorgeous card. I love the glosy and stickles accent. Thank you for playing with us at Tildas Town this week.Good luck, hugs Malin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator. Hope you feel much better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this adorable card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Lorraine! I love the colours you've used!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card Lorraine. The image is fabulously coloured and I love the colourway and the gloss on the bubbles.
    I hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, this is just fabulous! Everything about this card is just perfect! You did a fab job of colouring her and I love love those bubbles!! Great job on this project! Thank you for joining us at Ppinkydolls. I hope you come back and play with us again! ~Lizzy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww that's so cute! The glisten on the bubbles looks amazing!! Thanks for joining in with the Southern Girls for our Shabby Chic challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations in future challenges. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the colors of this!! so pretty :) hope you are feeling better - thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Love the image, your coloring, the 3D effect and your sweet design. Thank you for joining our "Love of Ribbon" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superb card with so sweet colors !
    Thank for joining us at the Paper Creator challenge !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, so so pretty, love the colours you have used and those bubles looks so real, :). Thank you for joining Crafting from the Heart, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw this is absolutely gorgeous Lorraine, love the pinks and blue and of course the image is so pretty
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous. Great design, love those layers!
    Thank you for taking part in the Tilda's Town challenge blog this week. Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card is so cute. I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card, such a cute image!

    Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia, Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card ..... love it ....... Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia....

    Hugs
    Yanti

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow Lorraine, this is amazing, love the image and those bubbles are fantastic! Hope you're feeling better, sounds like you have Migraine!? (Headache and vomiting, it can come on you very quickly.) Get plenty of rest ;)

    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a gorgeous card, such a fabulous colour combination.
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice .. Thanks for playing with Southern Girls Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my Blog

Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx