Followers

Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Home Comforts

Home Comforts

Hi everyone, have you all had a lovely weekend? I've spent mine finishing off 
the cushions and blanket/throw that I knit and crocheted. It's been such a long time 
since I knit or crocheted anything so I thought that I'd better ease my way into it 
by making something really easy like a throw, then I decided to make matching 
cushions, but rather than leave them plain I added some crocheted flowers with 
wooden button centres in matching yarn. 





I made the blanket/throw using 500g Ivory DK, 500g Mink DK & 500g Chocolate DK 
I crocheted all 3 yarns together. Using 10mm crochet hook, I crocheted 70 
chain stitches, then single stitched each row adding an extra chain stitch at each end 
of row.





Here are the crocheted flowers that I made in each of the colour yarns with wooden 
button centre.





The next cushion I made I decided to use some really chunky wool that I had left over and just 
knit it up and added some wooden buttons that my clever hubby turned for me on his wood 
turning lathe.





Here are the buttons my hubby made for me :) of course they did need sanding off and 
waxing before I could use them but I just couldn't wait to take a piccy of them, which 
is just so like me, I can't wait for anything lol hehehe.
 My hubby's now in the process of 
creating a wooden shell for my newly decorated bathroom, I've been trying to get towels, 
and shower curtain and other bits and pieces to tie in with the pictures that I made a couple 
of months ago now which were a DT make for Aurora Wings, but It's been so difficult 
to find just what I'm looking for. When it's all done I will pop some pictures on here I 
promise.

Huge Hugz


I would like to enter these into the following challenges.




22 comments:

  1. that looks great and beautiful lorraine
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Lorraine, they are awesome. I wish I could do that! So if you're looking for a new home for them I'd happily take them off your hands! lol
    hugs
    sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love your cushions, great to snuggle up to on a cold evening. The buttons are amazing, well done hubby!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lorraine these are absolutely fantastic, great colours love the buttons and flowers, you have inspired me to start my crochet again.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We so appreciate you're sharing your project & creativity at 613 Ave C Lorraine! I really like the creative use of the buttons on the pillows. Nice project - hope you enjoy them for years to come!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create – Challenge #97 Anything Goes w/optional make a gift for Random Acts of Kindness Week
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fabulous hun, love the buttons, what a talented hubby you have.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous projects - love how you have decorated the cushions and your use of buttons.
    Lucky you having a clever hubby who can make you buttons!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lorraine, Wow these are gorgeous. Love the colours, I'm in the middle of doing a mood crochet blanket still got lots to do yet.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lorraine these have turned out really lovely... Thank you so much for joining in on our first challenge... Over at "A Crafty Mess" we would love to see you joint in again next month...
    Good luck...
    Rhonda DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your throw and cushions are fabulous Lorraine and look so cosy. I love the flowers and the buttons your husband made for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The throw and cushions look warm and comfy! Thank you for joining us at Anything But a Card! You have inspired me to get out my crochet hook again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects. thanks for playing anything but a card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job creating the pillow covers! They turned out beautifully! Makes me want to break out my crocheting again. :D
    Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. I NEED SOME OF THESE!! Wow, I love them!! Fantastic!! Wish I could make those!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Love to Create: Anything Goes Challenge!! We can't wait to see what you'll create next time!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina
    LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous...love them!! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Just Neutrals" challenge!
    Diane TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous work, Lorraine! Your project is featured on our FB page today: www.facebook.com/avenue613 Please stop by to say hello and to grab a Designer of The Day Badge.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah Harris, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Paper Crafting Challenge Blog
    http://avenue613.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/avenue613

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely project.Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.

    Donna (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic home furnishing project and topped off so beautifully with your hubby's hand crafted buttons.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great project thank you for joining us at A Crafty Mess Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lorraine, these are fab! I especially like the knitted cushion cover with the hand turned buttons! What a team you & your hubby make!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my Blog

Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx