Followers

Thursday, 26 February 2015

Aurora Wings Green Fairy

Sepia Toned Fairy


Hi everyone, I hope that you are all well and are having a fab week. Well spring is 
almost here, the Summer Solstice is just around the corner and then the clocks 
will be going forward, Yippee I'm so pleased and I'm so looking forward to the 
warmer weather and the light nights. I love Spring when everything is bursting 
into life and all the beautiful and colourful Spring blooms, I also love Autumn 
for more or less the same reason, the colours are just stunning. I would  absolutely 
love to visit New England in the Autumn, who knows maybe one day eh.

My post today is a card that I made using one of my favourite Aurora Wings 
images, she's called "Green Fairy" and you can find her HERE I thought I 
would have a go at colouring her up in sepia tones and I love the way she 
turned out, I hope that you do too.



Card Recipe
6x6 white base card, white card, mink card, pale gold satin card, Marianne Anja die, 
Anna Griffin embossing folder, mink silk ribbon, Making Memories glitter deco brad, 
SU crumb cake ink pad, Ranger liquid pearls and various sized flat back pearls.



In this picture you can see where I used the SU crumbe cake ink pad on the Marianne die cut 
borders.


And in this picture you may be able to see the pale gold satin card that I used for matting, I thought that this would look better than gold or silver mirri.


I used a selection of Promarkers and Flexmarkers to colour this beautiful Aurora Wings 
image, I then added some liquid pearls and to add some highlights to help lift the image 
I used Gelly Roll.


This picture shows the pretty Anna Griffin embossing folder detail and also the blingy 
Making Memories Glittery Brad in the centre of the hand tied silk bow.

Huge Hugz


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges



22 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the unique shape. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful image that is used as the perfect focal point of this delicious card. Nice job! So glad to have found you through Simon Says Stamp's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love being able to see the close-ups for all the delicate details that went into this gorgeous card here, Lorraine. So airy and elegant. Simply stunning!! I've loved all your makes with this image so far, but this just might be my new favorite. ^_^

    Big hugs,
    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful Lorraine

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lorraine this is such a gorgeous card the image is beautiful. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love the earth tones! Great image too! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty...I'm loving the sepia tones... Thanks for sharing...

    Andrea TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a detailed image, Lorraine! I like the way you added it to your card! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those sepia tones and that image is absolutely stunning - beautiful card!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is totally stunning. I love it. Have your dropped by my blog? Please do as I am giving away a bunch of digi stamps, so come by and get some. Hugs, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! The card is just great! And the colouring is perfect!!! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at 613 Avenue Create this week! Good luck and hope to see you next time.
    Hugs,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great when a card comes all together and you love it. I love it, too. The pearls that you added look so pretty. Great coloring, too. Love it all. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work..really lovely just a pity you have entered so many challenges, our limit is only 10-....so.....shame really...

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and the image is wonderful!
    Thank you for joining Everybody Art Challenge this week!
    Hugs,Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super colouring, just gorgeous. What a shame you have exceeded our limit on challenges - 10 including ours) Thanks for sharing it with us at TTPH this time though.
    hugs
    Dawn DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Striking card Great layout .....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at Get Creative this time. Good luck and we hope you join us again soon. Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stunning creation Lorraine! I hope you're well!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my Blog

Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx