Followers

Monday, 18 May 2015

Aurora Wings Challenge # 15

Aurora Wings Challenge # 15 

Hi everyone, It's time for a new challenge again from Aurora Wings, 
and this time our challenge theme is 

Dream Wedding 

I thought for my Aurora Wings DT make this time I would try something a 
little bit different and opted to go for a  TraditionalChinese Style Wedding 
 card instead of a western style Wedding card. The image I used for my card 
is from Mitzi's Aurora Wings Etsy Shop and the gorgeous image is called 

Traditional Chinese Bride with Phoenix




To make this tri fold card I used the following
Black A4 card, Gold Mirri Card, Spellbinders Die, Gold Organza and Satin Striped Ribbon, Gold Peel off corners and Chinese Double Happiness Symbol 






This is Mitzi's gorgeous "Traditional Chinese Bride and Phoenix" image you can find it HERE 
in her Aurora Wings Etsy Shop 






I coloured the image using a selection of Pro/Flexmarkers in greyscale and gold colours. 
I also added Sakura Gelly Roll on her headdress too.






This is the card folded and tied with the Gold Organza & Satin Striped Ribbon and instead 
of my usual bow I've made a Dior Bow I was hoping to use a Chinese Knot but unfortunately 
it hasn't yet arrived :(




For more information on the New Aurora Wings Dream Wedding Challenge and 
to see what fabulous prizes can be won please just click on the link HERE 
you will also see a selection of inspirational makes that my talented teamies 
have created too.

Huge Hugz

I would like to enter this into the following challenges 









16 comments:

  1. What a fabulous design and striking colors, Lorraine! Your cards are always so elegant and beautiful! Love the die cuts, Chinese symbols and the gorgeous sparkle on the image. Wonderful work! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is breathtaking, Lorraine! I love your elegant interpretation on the "New Beginnings" image. And I love your modern spin on the traditional Chinese style by opting for black and gold rather than red and gold. It's so fresh on the eyes and yet the piece is oozing with timeless elegance. :D Thank you for the gorgeous inspiration for our challenge at Aurora Wings.

    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning design and love the image!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation, love it and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Wendy (DT).xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Gorgeous Lorraine, I love all of it πŸ’œ I really must get back to AW again! Hugs xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lorraine, wow what a stunning card, love the image and the way you have coloured her. Fabulous design and love the bow. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab make. Thanks for joining us in our Things With Wings challenge at Polkadoodles
    Anjie (Senior DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in with a Gem of a Challenge this time!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, my Loraine, this is a masterpiece. So beautiful and I'm sure the recipients will just be overwhelmed that it was made for them. Thank you so very much for sharing this with us at Open-Minded Crafting for the Wedding/Anniversary Challenge - good luck on your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous 😁 thanks for joining us over on the Polkadoodles Challenge good luck and hope to see you again soon 😁 (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image and tri fold gold fabulous colour combo black and gold-Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A super design, thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing creation, Lorraine! Black and gold is the perfect combo for this uber elegant make. Thanks for playing along with Polkadoodles Things With Wings challenge .
    hugs, Asha (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! I love the gold and black combination and the little extra embellishment you added to her headdress. Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting #36 Wedding/Anniversary xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my Blog

Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx