Followers

Monday, 7 March 2016

My Favourite Season

My Favourite Season 





Hi everyone, I hope that you've all had a lovely weekend and are 
looking forward to the week ahead. Spring will soon be here and 
already we are seeing everything in our garden starting to burst into 
life, the Crocus, Daffodils and Primroses are all starting to flower 
and my miniature Weeping Willow tree now has buds which means 
very soon there will be Pussy Willow upon it.

Which leads me onto my post for today, which is my DT card that I 
made for our first Stella Team challenge over at 

Aurora Wings Challenge Blog 

and the Stella Team challenge theme is 

My Favourite Season






To make this card I used 
7x7 white base card, Gold Satin Mirri, Dusty Pink Bazzill, First Edition "The Promise" 
Design Papers (which are so beautiful), Die cut frame from my stash, Dusty Pink Satin 
Ribbon and Hand Tied Bow, Various sized Ivory Pearls, Pearl and Diamante brooch & 
Sakura Stardust Jelly Roll Pen







I matted some Pink Bazzill 16cm x 16cm onto the Gold Satin Mirri 16.5cm x 16.5cm , 
I then matted the beautiful First Edition 13cm x 13cm  design Paper onto the 
Pink Bazzill 13.5cm x 13.5cm and placed it on to the first, larger matt at an angle. Next 
I matted more of the Pink Bazzill 10cm x 10cm card onto more Gold Satin Mirri 
10.5cm x 10.5cm I then added foam pads onto the die cut frame and placed the
 frame on top of the matt. ( I hope that you can just about see how I raised the die cut 
frame up, my camera was having a Wobbler when I took the photo's and I just 
couldn't get the lighting right LOL)







I then coloured up Mitzi's beautiful Orchids in the Rain image which can be found 
in her Aurora Wings Etsy Shop, using the following Pro/Flexmarkers

Skin - Coral, Dusky Pink, Blush, Almond & Antique Pink 
Hair - Satin, Tan, March Hare & Tawny Owl
Orchids - Antique Pink, Pastel Pink, Blossom & Pale Blossom
Leaves - Apple Cider, Marsh Green & Winter Spruce 

I then added Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll to add an extra bit of interest.





I then added the ribbon and hand tied triple bow, I popped the brooch on top of the 
bow, then added the pearls to the frame and card. 

I hope that you will pop over to the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog to check 
out what our lovely new Stella Design Team ladies have created to help 
inspire you, we really would love for you to join in our new challenge and 
tell us all what's your "Favourite Season" 

Huge Hugz



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges 



24 comments:

  1. wow Lorraine gorgeous and elegant card love the little sparkle of gold.

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, as always Lorraine! Your elegant details always blow me away. I loved seeing Orchids in the Rain used twice in the DT challenge projects, but for different seasons. Your beautiful delicate pinks evoke the very essence of Spring. What fabulous inspiration for our My Favorite Season Challenge. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed by your lovely sweet colours, they really go so well with the adorable image you have choosen. The image itself is so lovely coloured, all fits so well together, it is a lovely project you made, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Lorraine, That image is beautiful and your colouring of her is fabulous. Love the die and gorgeous backing paper. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Lorraine, I love the beautiful image and your colouring is superb as always.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful what a stunning stamp Thanks for playing Crafty ribbons Challenge Love and hugs Carole x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant card. Love the glamour that the pearls bring. Thanks for joining us at Frilly & Funkie for the Layer it Up challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background and elegance of this beauty. Gorgeous, with extraordinary coloring. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiment Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni, DT
    audsentimentschallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lorraine - wow, what a stunning card. Beautiful colouring, love your layout. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month. Hope to see you again - good luck!
    Hugs,
    Bev (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like this dingus right here forgot to click on 'Publish' yesterday... ^^; So sorry. I'm going to try again. This is such a gorgeous card with your classic style of elegant and opulence! Love the gentle coloring on the image with a subtle and delicate gold on the oval. The die frame and pretty papers are just exquisite as compliments to your beautiful coloring. The whole project is beautifully set up and photographed, too. Thank you so much for your stunning inspiration for Aurora Wings' Challenge 24!
    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful so serene
    thanks for joining glitter n sparkle
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby card. Love your skin combo. looks smashing! Thanks for joining us over TPS this week. A new fun challenge is now up and running.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an elegant card. Love the beautiful ribbon and your color choices. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this card is so pretty. The image, the layout.. everything. It's stunning and so glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafting with Friends, Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lorraine! This is a gorgeous gal and the way you've colored her and all of the beautiful embellishments really make her shine. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining our Spring/Easter challenge Lorraine with your pretty card - good luck!

    Anne x
    www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is stunning, love it!
    Thanks for sharing in Crafting with An Attitude, good luck.
    Rebecca, DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lorraine this is stunning!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Scrappers Delights and good luck!

    Karen.DT.
    www.kernowdesigns.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just a beautiful card thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my Blog

Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx