Followers

Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Vintage Aurora

Vintage Aurora ?


Hi everyone,  I really hope that the weather is being kinder to you than it 
is here in the north east....I'm sat here writing up my blog post and my teeth 
are chattering, I'm wearing a pullover and cardigan and I'm still freezing. 
I think that I will go and make up my hot water bottle to see if that will 
help warm me up. Where on earth has the Spring gone??

Anyhoo my post today is of a card that I made a few days ago. I thought that 
I would try something a little different using one of Mitzi's Aurora Wings images, 
I coloured up Miyabi Full Version using a selection of Blues and Grey
 Pro/Fexmarkers to create the look of Japanese pottery. 
I then used Tonic Studio's Forever Moments Crackle Base coat and Top coat, 
once that was dry I brushed over the image with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo &
Antique Linen Distress Inks, and here's the result.....







The design papers are Papermania Capsule Collection by Jesse Edwards 
I thought that they were just perfect for an Oriental Style card.







I distressed the papers in the same way as I did the image, using the same Tim Holtz 
Distress Inks






Here's the before pic.






Here's a close up of the distressed, crackle glazed  image.





I hope that you like it as much as I liked making it.
I'm off now to go make up my hot water bottle and to pop on my 
warm fluffy socks and I will catch up with you all again soon. 

Huge Hugz



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges



21 comments:

  1. Simply stunning Lorraine. I love your colours used and all the different texture you have with the crackle finish.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWSER! This is stunning Lorraine, love the colours and beautiful texture. I hope you are keeping well.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! Really amazing techniques!
    Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing card! Love the colours and your watercoluring with the distress inks! Great texture and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Lorraine! This is beyond beautiful and what a fabulous technique. I would have been WAY too afraid to mess up the stunning coloring but the result is fantastic! Gorgeous design, as well. Love, love, LOVE! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's stunning Lorraine, great job you did.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Lorraine this is absolutely stunning, it certainly does look like a piece of china. Beautiful design and gorgeous image and paper. Just Brilliant! Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredibly beautiful, Lorraine! I immediately thought of Asian pottery when I saw this image in blue. It's such a creative approach and beautifully executed. We won't stop talking about how awesome that cracle finish is on the colored image. Everything about this card is GORGEOUS!!!!! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you've done. Fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card Lorraine, the hues of blue are lovely as is your perfect coluring of the image.

    Many thanks for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your card is simply gorgeous. I love everything about it especially the theme and your colorway. I keep coming back and looking at her/the card. I love pottery and you've captured that perfectly with the crackle.

    Yes, where did spring go? Here on the east coast it just can't make up its mind. Yesterday we had on coats and today its 70...go figure. But soon we will be complaining about the heat and humidity of summer. So I'll take this weather for now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, I love the colours you have used.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunnnig card! Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights
    Veronique DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is awesome, what a beautiful image and such an elegant card. Love the vintage style and blue shades of color. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at MMW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowser. This is stunning. Love the whole effect and the colouring of the card.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting! Catherine ( DT ) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowser. This is stunning. Love the whole effect and the colouring of the card.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting! Catherine ( DT ) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very nice card
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends.
    Greetings Geesje (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome colouring and great card design! Thanks for joining the Scrapper's Delights "Anything Goes" Blog Challenge! http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Gorgeous card Lorraine. Love the design and how you distressed it. Thanks for sharing with us at Artistic Inspirations and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my Blog

Huge Hugz
Lorraine
xXx